Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2 x 2 Training

The number of posts on this blog is caused by the training I do with Jasmine. In other words, I don't have much time. The chosen method to teach Jasmine how to weave is the 2 x 2. She already knows how to weave, but she's too slow and we're starting all over again.

This video shows where we are right now.

Sessions June 30th 2009


Weather: 22 degrees celcius, raining off and on.
Time: Evening
Location: Backyard


To reward Jasmine, I use a toy which is currently a favorite of hers. I also put the poles closer together. For a reason or another, she doesn't "see" the second set of poles and off she goes to zoom. Is she too focused on the toy? I try to finish the session with some easy attempts. Is it normal that she doesn't understand?

Sessions July 1st 2009

Weather: 27 degrees celcius, windy, humid
Time: Mid-afternoon
Location: Agility field

I use the same toy but the poles are farther apart than yesterday.
The training goes very well.
I add distractions. Unfortunately, the human distraction isn't fast enough for Jasmine. I abandon this method for the toy. Toy is more reliable than the human. ; )
The mistakes at the end are caused by the fact that I'm not pointing her in the right direction. Bad, bad Lyne.

No comments:

Post a Comment