Sunday, May 3, 2009

Flyball, have we conquered the plateau?

I haven’t added an entry for a while because… well, nothing was happening. Nada. Rien. Nil. Until this morning that is. You see, Jasmine decided to pick up the ball on the box once more. Why? That’s where it gets interesting. Last weekend, I had the chance to run a “point and shoot” Border collie for the flyball team, Doggone Ballistic. At first, I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it, but by the end of Sunday afternoon, I was sold.

A Border collie runs FAST, let me tell you. Her name is Skye and when she was coming back from the box, she would look me in the eyes while running at least 45 km/h. I had the feeling she was saying “Givemethetug, givemethetug, givemethetug”. That’s very unnerving if you ask me.

During the runs, my friends took care of Jasmine. Generous of them isn’t it? I could see her little black eyes over the blue curtain which was separating the lanes from the spectators. I was told later on that she was standing on her two hind legs to watch me. Yes, she saw me with another dog, in other words, her rival.

During this morning’s practice, I think she tried to cheat once. But overall, I’m very happy with the result. I can’t wait to see what she has planned for next week. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment