Sunday, May 9, 2010

Q 2 = Bye Bye Starters Jumpers

We're back in beautiful Kingston for a Spring trial.  Finally, I can truthfully say I completed a run with no butterflies in my stomach.  That is an accomplishment in itself.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm getting more and more comfortable?

Just before our run, we do a few jumps in the warm-up area, when, as we were walking out, Jasmine was attacked/lunged at by a boston terrier.  This isn't  the first time a dog of that breed attacks her, and I'm starting to wonder...  Is this only a coincidence or is she sending out bad vibes to them?  Anyways, I spent a good moment working on focus exercises with her such as sit, heel, down, stand, and rewarding her with salmon treats.  I then insisted she play tug with me, which she finally did after I knelt down.  I now know what to do to get her to tug for with me on deck.  Usually, she does everything she can to avoid making eye contact with me.  


For some reason, I did the walking/run release at the start line to practice what we've been doing in class.  Jasmine is having trouble targeting when I walk or run during lessons.  Maybe I shouldn't have tried this in a trial but it worked.   Did I mention I'm getting too comfortable in trials?

Never thought for a moment about using my arms so the usual routine is there.  I start with no arms, bring in arms in the middle, and then just run for dear life at the end.  Luckily, Jasmine sees her line for the end sequence, but I kept yelling out obstacles names even so.  Another behaviour she finds challenging in class and I had a flashback while I was huffing and puffing my way to the finish line.

Result?  Hehehe.  A Q!  We've now finished the Starters Jumpers Class and we've moved up to Advances.

Yikes!!

Double yikes!!!

Interested in the run?  Here is the video.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. "Finally, I can truthfully say I completed a run with no butterflies in my stomach. That is an accomplishment in itself."

    Wow. Knowing you, that is a HUGE accomplishment in itself. Awesome job Lyne, it was a beautiful run.

    ReplyDelete