Saturday, May 8, 2010

School is over!

At least a month has passed since the last time I posted anything on this blog but remember, Spring has arrived and much needs to be done.  Does that mean I'm a garderner?  No, my condo doesn't allow me that luxury.  Nope, it's finally agility time!

First, let's go back to my 2 days at Say Yes!  Yes, I did enjoy it.  Yes, I did learn many things.  Would I go back?  Of course!  Do I appreciate my instructor in my neck of the woods?  Even more so!

During the two days, we had to keep our dogs either crated or in our cars.  In my case, my vehicle isn't an option because even if I leave the windows wide open, the inside is till too warm for a dog.  We were also going through an April mini heat wave and it was hot, hazy, and definitely humid outside.  Jasmine was instead crated in the building and didn't like it one bit.  I spent a very long two days taking notes and anxiously listening to Jasmine's clawing at the inside of her crate, and her barking, and her whining, do I need to go on?

First thing I did when I got home was to buy Jazz a new crate.  Why you ask?  My old one doesn't have a flat bottom, but a wired one usually used for puppies or (ahem) rabbits.  She now has more space to stand up or lie down.  This may I have my best purchase yet.

 
Second, I make sure I reward Jasmine a lot more for being quiet in that new crate.  By the way, I was able to stay at a local bed and breakfast on the last day.  The motel I had been staying at had no available rooms for the Friday because of a local swim meet (or whatever they're called).   Here is Jasmine on the Saturday morning, just before we left.  I don't think she felt like getting out bed.  As a friend told me, she was flicking a dew claw at me, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, guess this means I can't tease you about your rabbit cage anymore! ;-)

    Glad you had a good time at school. Wanting to go back is definitely a good sign.

    ReplyDelete